Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Yes, it's Movember



I was always curious to know what this hype of MOvember was between the boys ... I mean MEN, sorry lol. What I picked up in my understanding of this Movember was just the growing of the STACHE for the whole November, therefore MUSTACHE + NOVEMBER = MOVEMBER.
I did some research and what it actually means now is to show awareness of prostrate cancer among men(I did not know this at all,interesting fact right?), since wearing pink in October to support all woman with cancer.

but what I really wanted to know was HOW did this trend "#STACHEtrend" become so popular on clothing ,mugs ,jewelry and so many other many merchandise. Apparently it originated from hipsters as a way to mock conventional ideals of fashion and style, also from the Fingerstache which was used by woman who made a faux stache on the index finger to mix in with the trend. So my guess is that this #STACHEtrend found its way to go mainstream only leaving this quirky simple drawn mustache to become so popular in the fashion industry.



Go on and get your quirky mustache items :) .

This was a little gift I received from Mom.

Stay Fabulous
xoxo
      -N

No comments:

Post a Comment